This MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is free to undertake but it is recommended that you purchase the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK – all other reference materials will be free material that can be accessed electronically.
This course condenses the twelve weeks of material covered in our subject ITE514 Professional Systems Security into five units, with each topic covering two of the CISSP domains.
The short course was run over 5 weeks in July-August 2013. Recordings of the Webinars and other additional materials are available immediately once you sign up.
Enrol below to gain access to our Lectures, Study Material and the Practice Exam:
- Access Control
- Application Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Legal, Regulations, Compliance, and Investigations
- Operations Security
- Physical (Environmental) Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Telecommunications and Network Security
Course Information and FAQs
This course is aimed at anyone who might be interested in gaining the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. The CISSP is an independent information security certification governed by International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium also known as (ISC)².
The course is free to undertake but it is recommended that you purchase the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK – all other reference materials will be free material that can be accessed electronically.
Q1: Who should do the course?
The course is aimed at
- Security professionals who are interested in understanding the concepts covered in the CISSP® exam as determined by (ISC)2
- Managers who want to understand the critical areas of network security
- System, security, and network administrators who want to understand the pragmatic applications of the CISSP® 10 Domains
- Security professionals and managers looking for practical ways the 10 domains of knowledge can be applied to the current job
Q2: Who presented the Webinars?
The webinars were presented by Dr Craig Wright, whose experience and qualifications include:
- Has worked for 23 years in the Cyber Security industry including 13 years in Digital Forensics
- Has appeared on numerous occasions as an Digital Forensics expert witness in Cyber Security law suites
- Has authored over 100 publications on Cyber Security including co-authoring the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP(R)-ISSMP(R) CBK
- Sits on the SANS Technology Institute board and is a beta tester for GIAC Exams
- Has over 100 cyber security including CISSP/ISSMP and CISSP/ISSAP
Q3: Will the course qualify me for university credit?
While the short course by itself will not qualify you for credit, completion of the CISSP certification will qualify you for one credit in the Master of IS Security or Master of Management (IT- Security) degrees at Charles Sturt University.
Q4: Is there a final exam?
Yes – there will be a CISSP certification practice exam at the end of the course. The exam is a timed, open book exam that you will sit at your computer.
Q5: Do I get a certificate if I complete the course?
As the official sitting period has now lapsed, no more certificates are able to be issued. You are still able to complete the exam for your own benefit and test your knowledge.