In 2018, Charles Sturt University and IT Masters will be introducing extra student intakes. As well as the three regular sessions, additional “terms” will be commencing in January, May and August. This will mean that there will be six opportunities to start online study in 2018, adding more flexibility for students – you can start whenever you are ready.
Special intakes to help you ease into your Masters.
We know it’s not easy trying to combine a busy work, family and social life, so in May we have a special intake that will help to support you as you start a Masters. This is ideal for people new to postgrad study, or returning after a break. You’ll start with a single subject in May or August. Then in week 8, once you’ve handed in an assessment or two and settled back in to ‘study mode’, you’ll take on a second subject. A dedicated IT Masters staff member will be on hand to provide extra guidance as you learn the ropes, so you can jump confidently into the rest of your degree.
You can start in any of the six intakes, with subjects on offer from across all of our degrees.
Fun Fact: The “Term” numbers are in a different order to the Session numbers for a quirky administrative reason. “Term 1” is in August as these are international terms, based on Northern Hemisphere dates, where the year starts in autumn.
201815 (commences 8 Jan)
- ITC506 Topics in IT Ethics
- ITE516 Hacking Countermeasures
- MGI511 Project Management Fundamentals Session
201845 (commences 21 May)
- ITC561 Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- ITI581 Cyber Security Fundamentals
- MGI521 Professional Communications
201875 (commences 27 August)
All IT Masters courses will be participating in this trial:
- Master of Business Administration (Computing)
including Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (Computing)
- Master of Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
including Graduate Certificate in Cloud Computing and Virtualisation
- Master of Cyber Security
including Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
- Graduate Certificate in Industry Computing
- Master of Information Systems Security
including Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Security
- Master of Management (Information Technology – with specialisations)
including Graduate Certificate in Management (Information Technology)
- Master of Networking and Systems Administration
including Graduate Certificate in Networking and Systems Administration
- Master of Project Management
including Graduate Diploma of Project Management and Graduate Certificate in Project Management