Credit can be gained by successfully completing any of the following 3 options. Watch the video, or scroll down for more information.
1) Industry Certifications
If you have already completed relevant industry certifications covered by the course (for example, you have your Cisco CCNP, Microsoft MCSA or PMI PMP).
2) Postgraduate Credits
If you have completed study at a postgraduate level which you believe covered the same content as a subject on the course you are considering studying.
3) Three IT Masters Free Short Courses
IT Masters offer an on-going series of free short courses that each cover part of one of the subjects from the Charles Sturt University qualifications featured on the IT Masters website. Subject to the conditions below, students who successfully complete three of the short courses will be eligible for one subject of credit towards one of the Charles Sturt University postgraduate qualifications featured on this website.
- Credit for IT Masters short courses is only available for IT Masters elective subjects. Master degree students who have completed all electives may not be able to claim credit.
- Credit for the IT Master free short courses is only available for the Charles Sturt University postgraduate qualifications listed on the IT Masters Website.
- Only one subject credit can be claimed for IT Masters short courses (to see whether you qualify for other credit, fill out our Eligibility Form).
- This credit arrangement does not apply to the Doctorate of Information Technology course.
The maximum level of credit available is no more than 50% of any course. Credit for can be claimed before or after you enrol, and current students can claim credit at any time up until graduation.
For more information about credit and credit with specific courses, check out our credit maps.
Confirming whether you qualify for credit
Not yet a student? Complete the credit eligibility form to find out your credit entitlement.
Are you a current student? Contact IT Masters at firstname.lastname@example.org.