Entry Requirements for Master degrees
Applicants will be considered on the basis of any of the following:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognised Australian tertiary institution (or equivalent). Our technical Master programs require your degree to be IT related, or for you to have IT experience in addition to an unrelated Bachelor degree. This IT requirement does not apply to the Project Management or Applied Digital Marketing courses.
- Professional attainment and/or work experience.
Click here to complete an online questionnaire on whether you have the qualifications and/ or experience required to be accepted into a Master degree. We will contact you within 3 working days of receiving your completed questionnaire to advise results.
Entry requirements for the Doctor of Information Technology
Candidates admitted to the course will:
- hold a Class 1 or Class 2 Division 1 Honours degree in a computing related discipline, or a masters degree in a computing related discipline;
- normally have at least five years of full-time (or equivalent) professional experience, a significant amount of which should be at middle and/or senior management level;
- meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements;
- normally be required to certify that they have access to an appropriate organisation to carry out their empirical research work.
These admission requirements are necessary to ensure that candidates have sufficient academic ability and professional experience to conduct research that leads to advanced, critical reflection on professional practice in information technology.