The aim of these courses is to provide professionals in the IT industry with advanced courses of study in information technology management that are current, relevant and integrate industry certification in this field. These courses incorporate significant components of industry training, including preparation for industry-stream certifications from the SANS Institute, GIAC, EC Council, (ISC)², Cisco and Check Point.
Upon completion of this course, graduates will posses:
- An informed and reflexive perspective on IT security issues;
- Advanced skills in the design, implementation and management of secure computer networks;
- Skills in IT risk management issues;
- Skills in identifying and producing solutions to threats that endanger information system resources;
- Competence in determining common best practices to secure a computing enterprise;
- At least one high-level industry certification in the IT security area;
- Problem solving skills and methodologies when troubleshooting and documenting complex computing security problems;
- The ability to analyse complex client business security requirements and select appropriate solutions, and
- Skills in the development of leading edge security solutions that meet customer business objectives for functionality and performance.
For further details about the Master of Information Systems Security, click on the industry stream that you are interested in:
Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Security
The Master of Information Systems Security is an articulated course that incorporates the Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Security. The certificate can be stand alone or, upon successful completion, students may proceed (with full credit) into the Master of Information Systems Security. To graduate with the Graduate Certificate, students must satisfactorily complete 4 subjects, which include two industry certification subjects.