The aim of this course is to provide professionals in the IT industry with an advanced course of study in Networking and System Administration that is current, relevant and integrates industry certification in these fields.
Upon completion of this course, graduates will possess:
- Advanced skills in the design, implementation and management of networks;
- Higher order system administration knowledge and skills;
- One of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Novell Certified Linux Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Certification as a VMWare Certified Professional (elective subject)
- Advanced skills in identifying network security risk profiles, defining network security policies and maintaining secure global networks;
- Problem-solving skills and methodologies when troubleshooting and documenting global internetworking problems;
- The ability to analyse complex client business and technical requirements and select appropriate inter-network technologies and topologies, and
- Skills in the development of solutions that meet customer business objectives for functionality, performance, and cost.
For further details about the Master of Networking and Systems Administration, click on the industry stream that you are interested in:
Graduate Certificate in Networking and Systems Administration:
The Master in Networking and Systems Administration is an articulated course that incorporates the Graduate Certificate in Networking and Systems Administration. The certificate can be stand alone or, upon successful completion, students may proceed (with full credit) into the Master of Networking and Systems Administration. To graduate with the Graduate Certificate, students must satisfactorily complete 4 subjects, which include two industry certification subjects.