The aim of this course is to provide professionals in the IT industry with the skills necessary to design complex business software solutions which meet the highest professional standards.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will possess:
- advanced skills in the design and construction of computer software higher order systems development knowledge and skills
- a broad business knowledge base that includes areas such as project management, management and ethics
- advanced skills in identifying requirements and defining solution architectures
- problem-solving skills in the area of software development
- the ability to analyze complex client business and technical requirements, and select appropriate software solutions
- skills in the development and deployment of solutions that meet customer business objectives for functionality, performance, and cost.
For entry to the Master degree applicants are required to have an undergraduate computing degree from a recognized Australian tertiary institution (or a qualification deemed to be equivalent). Applicants with work experience and/or other academic and/or professional qualifications acceptable to the University will be considered.
Prospective students can obtain descriptions of the content of subjects by filling out the Request more information form.
Graduate Certificate in Systems Development:
The Master in Systems Development is an articulated course that incorporates the Graduate Certificate in Systems Development. The certificate can be stand alone or, upon successful completion, students may proceed (with full credit) into the Master of Systems Development. To graduate with the Graduate Certificate, students must satisfactorily complete 4 subjects, which include two industry certification subjects.
Academic credit is available to students who can provide proof that they have passed relevant industry examinations. Prospective students can obtain an estimate of credit entitlements by filling out the Request more Information form.