This subject is designed for those in professional positions with a need to communicate effectively and manage the communication of others to a high standard. Students who undertake this subject will gain a wide breadth of practical communication skills supported by the latest intellectual and psychological behavioural theory. This subject will equip students to communicate at all levels of professional business.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to compose and deliver a professional presentation;
- be able to design, leverage and manage practical communication tools and methods;
- be able to critically evaluate current human interaction theory and psychology in leadership and apply this to a variety of communication scenarios;
- be able to facilitate group outcomes by using effective personal communication; and
- be able to apply digital media and communications mediums for professional and business outcomes.
The subject will cover the following topics:
- Communication Psychology of Knowledge Exchange
- Business Language & Document Writing
- Digital Communications & The Media Experience
- Creating Business Proposals & Reports
- Digital Presentations & Tools
- Selling & Obtaining Buy-In
- Facilitating Workshops & Meetings
- Managing Business Conflict & Negotiation
- Differences Between Leadership, Management & Mentors
- Personal Presentations & Public Speaking
Please note that the information above should be used as a guide only as the actual content of subjects is changed regularly to reflect the latest industry trends and student feedback.