Bridge the gap between the classroom and the workplace. A professional internship will provide you with hands-on experience in the IT industry. Whether it be in cyber security, cloud computing, networking & sysadmin, digital marketing or project management, you can turn your theoretical knowledge into practical skills.
- Apply your skills learned during your studies
- Gain hands-on experience in the industry
- Network and create long lasting professional relationships in the industry
Note: the Professional Internship subject is currently only available for students studying the Graduate Certificate in Computing (Career Transition).
- 220 to 240 hours professional work experience (typically worked as 2.5 days per week, over 12 weeks)
- Work on a project or activity in a private or public sector organisation under the guidance of an industry mentor
- Interns are unpaid, earn credit towards their degrees and participate in online learning activities as part of the unit
- At conclusion of the internship, each student will be required to prepare a report and give a presentation at a workshop attended by fellow students and academic supervisors
What you get:
- A dedicated internship consultant to guide you through the experience
- Work with you to find an internship opportunity and host company to match your goals
- An individual internship training plan
- Workers insurance coverage for the duration of the internship
- References and job opportunities – a large number of interns are offered employment after the internship
- Assistance with resume writing, interview preparation and professional development
- LinkedIn and professional social media profile development
- Be able to evaluate and reflect on personal approaches to work and how these can be developed in the future
- Be able to critically evaluate and apply conceptual and theoretical knowledge to a specific workplace environment
- Be able to appraise personal development across a range of work preparation skills
- Be able to appraise personal development across a range of professional practice skills
- Be able to develop proficiency in working independently and effectively as a team member
- Discover new talent (postgraduate level)
- Extra Resources for your projects (20 hours a week for 12 weeks)
- No cost, no obligations
We’re looking to partner with entrepreneurs or organisations that can support student internships across all aspects of IT, Digital Marketing and/or Project Management. Let us find your next superstar!
We’ll do all the work of screening internship candidates, scheduling interviews and sharing performance reports. Our screening process ensures we find the best fit for your requirements, right from administering tests to using skills-based matchmaking. Our services come at no cost to your company and all our interns are covered by workers insurance.