This subject develops students’ knowledge and understanding of contemporary management theory and practice. Students will be challenged to think critically about core management theories and evaluate and communicate their relevance to contemporary management practice in a complex, diverse and rapidly change globalised workplace. Students will be invited to embrace the subject innovatively and encouraged to develop and reflect on their own management competencies and experiences.
MGT501 – Management Theory and Practice will cover the following topics:
- Management Theory – Traditional, Contemporary & Critical Approaches to Management
- Management Processes – Strategic Management, Change Management, Organisational Structure & Culture, Planning & Control
- Managing People – Leadership, Ethics, HRM & Management Skills for today’s complex workplace
- Contemporary Issues in Management – Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Digital Disruption and Sustainability
- Business Presentation on Social Sustainability (900 words – 25%)
- Case Analysis Business Report (2500 words – 45%)
- Elevator Pitches & Case Discussions (1460 words – 30%)
Session 1 (March), Session 2 (July), Session 3 (November)
The information above was accurate the time the subject was last run, but may change in future. Be sure to check the details in your subject outline upon enrolment.