To coincide with the release of Microsoft Windows Phone 8, Charles Sturt University and IT Masters have put together a free short course on developing Windows Phone 8 applications. All facets of the course are available online with recorded Lectures delivered by one of the industry’s leading experts in Mobile Applications Development. The course is designed for Programmers who know the basic principles of .NET programming and who have a working familiarity with the C# programming language.
Please note that this short course ran in November & December 2012. The course materials and examination are still available for those who wish to complete the course at their own pace, however certificates of completion are no longer being issued for this course.
Advanced More Info
High-level short course where prior knowledge is likely required to get the most out of the course. Content may be at Masters level or cover part of a postgraduate subject
Enter your details below to access archived course materials, including Lectures, Labs, Study Materials and the Final Exam.
Developing Applications for Windows Phone 8
Question 1: What was the aim of this short course?
The aim of the short course is to give you a ‘taster’ of what it is like to undertake postgraduate study via Online Education with Charles Sturt University. The short course is based on the first few weeks of subject ITE517 Developing Applications for Windows Phones and Mobile Devices which is available in a number of Postgraduate qualifications at Charles Sturt University. Completion of this short course partially prepares you for for ITE517: Developing Applications for Windows Phones and Mobile Devices (Microsoft exam 70-599)
Question 2: Who presented the webinars?
The Webinars were presented by Nick Randolph, a current IT Masters lecturer. His achievements and experience include:
- Awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in recognition of his work and expertise with the Microsoft mobile platforms
- Authored multiple books with the latest being Professional Visual Studio 2010 and Professional Development for Windows Phone, and helped judge multiple world finals for the Imagine Cup.
- Owner of Built to Roam which focuses on building rich mobile applications
- Has worked on numerous Windows Phone applications and helped hundreds of developers build their own Windows Phone applications
- Helped build Windows Phone applications for Domain.com.au, ninemsn, AFL, NRL, Qantas, JB Hi-Fi and NAB.
- Active contributor in the device application development space via his blog at Nick’s .NET Travels and Visual Studio Magazine
- Leading industry speaker who has presented at a variety of events including TechEd, MEDC and Code camp.
Question 3: Do I get a certificate if I complete the course?
As the official sitting period has now lapsed, no more certificates are able to be issued. You are still able to complete the exam for your own benefit and test your knowledge.
Question 4: Will the course qualify me for university credit?
Successful completion of 3 live University Short Courses will award credit for an elective subject. Please note this course is NOT LIVE and will not qualify you for credit.
Question 5: Will I need to purchase any study materials to complete the course?
No – all materials will be supplied to you.